HOME » Our Response to COVID-19 »
Our Response to COVID-19
BEING THE CHURCH DURING THIS CRISIS
A Vision Statement for CECC during this COVID-19 Crisis
Dear brothers & sisters in Christ,
Even though we cannot worship or meet together physically, we want to let our church family know that our mission of obeying the Greatest Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and Jesus’ Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) remains the same. We are called to love God wholeheartedly and to love others with Christ’s love. We also are wholly committed to continue to proclaim the gospel and make disciples of all nations. We want to glorify God through our worship, continue to serve our church community and also to reach out to our local community, friends, family and neighbours by offering the following ministries:
REGULAR ONLINE WORSHIP
- While we are under recommendation by our local government authorities to practise social distancing, we want to provide weekly online worship services both in English and in Chinese through our website and other social media platforms.
- We want to include the video sermon in both English and Chinese along with worship guides to encourage worshipping together in households. In addition to this, we also want to provide a worship guide for children so that children can continue to be discipled in the home.
- We want to encourage our different fellowships, small groups and Life groups to continue to meet regularly online. If needed, the pastors will provide resources so that groups can regularly meet together. If you have any questions about how to meet online, please also contact our pastors and deacons.
- We also want to encourage individuals and families to take this opportunity while most of us are quarantined at home to spend time nurturing our walk with Christ. We want to encourage people to practise praying together as a family and getting into God’s Word and other Christian resources. We will provide some resources in our website in order for you to grow in Christ.
- CARE AND SUPPORT
- We want to make sure our people are cared for. We want to form a Care Group Ministry with our Pastors and other church members who will keep in contact with our church congregation regularly. We hope to check up on individual households (hopefully we will try our best to reach out to you ideally every 2 weeks). Our focus is to care for those who are in need (emotionally, spiritually and even physically and financially if needed especially those whose work or business has been affected). If you are in this situation, please contact us.
- We also want to encourage our church members to take initiative by keeping in touch with one another and also our local neighbours around us to make sure they are cared for.
- PASTORAL AND DIACONAL SUPPORT
- We want to emphasize that if our ministry leaders and congregation members need any support in their current ministries or personal life that the pastors are available. Please do not hesitate to contact us:
Pastor Andrew firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Ian email@example.com
Pastor Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Board composing of our deacons and pastors are meeting regularly during this time in order to keep up-to-date with the current situation and to make sure we are giving the best effort in serving our church community.
- DONATIONS AND OFFERINGS
- Given the current situation that we cannot meet together, if you would like to support the ministry of CECC, we would like to encourage online donations through online bank e-transfers. Here’s the link: https://www.cecctoronto.com/donations-by-interac-e-transfer/
- Alternatively, you can also mail your offering to the church (Please make sure to send cheque not cash). [Our address is 2712 Victoria Park Ave., Toronto M2J 4A7]. Thank you so much for your partnership in the gospel.
You are in our prayers during this time. I want to encourage you with Jesus’ words in John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” May God be give all of us strength, wisdom and grace to be His Church for such a time as this.
Sincerely in Christ,
CECC Pastors and Deacon Board