HOME » Community Announcements »
- 1. We’re excited to announce a new Life Groups discipleship class! This is a series of guided discipleship sessions along with fellowship and support from fellow brothers and sisters. It will be bi-weekly starting on June 24, 2020 (Wednesday 7-8:30pm). Space is limited, so if you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. The health of our congregation is our number one priority. Due to the current public health situation because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be postponing our annual congregational meeting until further notice. We have received authorization from the federal government for this delay. We will continue to monitor the situation, government rules and public health recommendations and will inform the congregation of the new congregational meeting as appropriate.
- 3. We also know the importance of keeping the congregation up to date on the church’s status, and the ministries that continue to run during these unprecedented times. Instead, we’ll be hosting a Virtual Town Hall today (Sunday, June 28) from 2:00 pm to 3:30pm. Please visit our website to register for the Town Hall.
4. As you may have seen, there have been recent changes to the provincial rules regarding places of worship and the numbers of people who can socially gather. We are hopeful that this is a positive sign. However at this time, our church building remains closed for our general activities.
It is important to remember that the Church itself never actually closed, just the doors to our buildings. Our services and many of our meetings continue online. You can visit our website for a schedule of our virtual meetings and activities.
We know that this has been hard. We know that everyone misses each other.
We also acknowledge that our in-person gatherings hold a unique value that cannot be fully replicated through our virtual services and meetings.
At the same time, we are also conscious that there remains a health risk.
We believe that God’s call to love our neighbour means that the health and safety of our congregation and the broader community needs to be a focus. We have a diverse congregation with people of different ages and health situations and want to ensure that any steps that we take do not prioritize some at the expense of others.
That is why we are continuing to monitor the situation and develop our reopening plan. We hope to share with you more about our plan at the June 28 Town Hall. If you have not registered already, please do so on our website.
Most importantly, we continue to trust in God’s faithfulness and goodness and pray for wisdom as we consider when and how we can physically gather again.
6. In accordance with the Marriage Act, we are announcing the intention to marry of two people in our church family. Congratulations to Kevin Lim and Caitlin Cheong. They have declared their intention to be married on June 20, 2020.
In Ontario, a marriage may be solemnized under the authority of the publication of banns at the church where both parties to the proposed marriage worship regularly.
The publication of banns involves a public announcement of the couples’ intention to marry during a divine service.
If you would like more information, you can visit the Government of Ontario’s information page:
Or read the legislation: https://www.
If you have any questions, you can contact Rev. Andrew Bendicion at Andrew@cecctoronto.com